Any items left over at the end of the clothes swap will be given to charity. Specifically this year, we will be collecting for:
Dress for Success
The mission of Dress for Success is to promote the economic independence of disadvantaged women by providing professional attire, a network of support and career development tools to help women thrive in work and in life.
Dress for Success Houston accepts all interview-appropriate clothing, including:
- Suits: skirt or pant (conservative and updated)
- Blouses: business appropriate
- Shoes: dress, dark colors (black, brown, navy, taupe)
- Handbags: conservative colors
- Skirts and Pants: solid, dark colors
- Jackets: professional
- Pantyhose: new and unopened (only in black, coffee, nude; no
- white or bold colors)
- Dresses: work-appropriate (no formal or evening wear)
- Dressy-causal outfits (conservative two-piece set)
The Giving Gown Foundation collects donations of new and like-new formal gowns and accessories and provide them FREE of charge to high school girls who would otherwise be unable to attend their formal events.
The following donation items are accepted:
- Prom dresses (short and long)
- Jewelry appropriate for a special event
- Formal shoes
- Formal handbags
- Prom/formal dresses must be 5 years old or newer. Only current styles make it to our Boutique floor for our princesses!
- No visible stains or tears
- New or like-new condition
- No wedding dresses, please
Any other items will be donated to the Salvation Army.